Want to learn how to DJ? If you are interested in professional mobile DJ-ing we can help you with our DJ school service.
Our unique DJ course includes:
- Gear skills – learn to manage all the key equipment
- Music skills – learn about styles and genres and what to play for who
- Mixing skills – learn and practise harmonic in-key beatmatching
- Business skills - learn about marketing, quoting, client service, and running a business
The standard DJ course runs over 6 weeks on Wednesday evenings 19h00 to 21h00. The course is held in Suideroord, south Johannesburg.
Training is conducted in small groups of between 1 and 3 persons.
An examination (written and practical) is conducted at the final session and succesful students (pass mark is 70%) are awarded a certificate.
Is this course for me?
Students need to be English-literate (spoken and written), have a working email address & Internet access, have some knowledge of different styles of popular music, and have a basic understanding of technical things like the wiring of electrical plugs. This course is NOT about club DJ-ing or Radio DJ-ing or “becoming a rock star”. It is a real-world practical introduction to what mobile DJ-ing is really all about. Students will gain knowledge and skills to help them become DJs at corporate events, weddings, birthdays, and various other events.
Dance Jam Entertainment will occasionaly be able to offer the most promising students work, but this is in no way certain or guaranteed.
The course costs R4000.00 with R3000.00 payable in advance and R1000.00 payable before the examination can be undertaken. No refunds will be given for missed lessons or examinations but students will be accomodated within future courses.
I’m Interested – What Now?
If you’re ready to start some serious learning about mobile DJ work, please email us on email@example.com, but please do the following (we will ignore emails that do not include these details):
- Put “DJ School” as the subject line of your email.
- Include your cell phone number.
- Indicate that you have read and understand everything on this page.
We look forward to hearing from you!